The following terms of service are designed to provide the highest level of service. By using our services, you are deemed to have agreed to and accepted the terms of this Terms of Service. In this document when we use the terms “we” or “us” it is a reference to SingHost.
1. GeneralShared hosting is intended for the customers’ use only. Customer may not sublet, sublease, subhost, or give away any portion of the resources to anyone other than the subscriber. Examples include: creating sub-accounts for other people (for profit or otherwise), hosting of multiple commercial or non-commercial entities that are not directly owned by the customer, resale of sub-accounts, etc. SingHost retains the rights to terminate any account immediately if the account is found to be in breach of the terms.
2. ContentAll services provided by SingHost are meant to be used for lawful purposes only. Transmission, storage, or presentation of any information, data or material in violation of any local or international law is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: copyrighted material, material judged to be threatening or obscene, material that jeopardises national security, or material protected by trade secret or other laws. The subscriber agrees to indemnify and hold harmless SingHost, from any claims resulting from the customer’s use of SingHost services which damages the subscriber or any other parties. Examples of prohibited content include, but are not limited to the following:
- Content that is defamatory, harassing, abusive or otherwise objectionable
- IRC software
- Pirated software
- Hacking sites, programs or archives
- Warez sites
- Phishing sites
- Distribution of music files or any other material in which the account holder does not own the copyright.
- Adult sites
- Pharmaceuticals/Drug Sites
- Game Servers (dedicated game server programs)
3. Resource-intensive ScriptsAny website or scripts that utilises a higher than accepted amount of server resources (such as, but not limited to, CPU cycles, RAM usage, and network resources) will be given the option to reduce the resource utilisation to an acceptable level, or upgrade its web hosting service to a higher plan that can accommodate the server resource usage. Websites or scripts constantly found abusing common server resources will be suspended and/or terminated. Resource-intensive scripts such as Magento (as per Magento’s developer’s advice), PennyAuction, GroupBuy are not allowed to be run in a shared hosting environment.
4. Housing of any of the following files is considered a violation of the terms of service:IRC – We currently do not allow IRC, Egg Drops, BNC, or IRC bots to be operated on our servers or network. Files with references to IRC or any likeness thereof are prohibited. Also any program that acts like an IRC server or that provide chat functions that run as background processes are not allowed. Proxies – We do not allow proxy servers of any kind, whether for personal or business use. Files with references to any proxy or likeness thereof are prohibited. PortScanning – We do not allow any kind of portscanning to be done on or from our servers or network. ShoutCast Servers – We do not allow Shoutcast Servers due to bandwidth and load issues. Background Running Programs – We ask that users request permission before enabling persistent background processes of substantial load. Unauthorized background processes shall result in immediate termination of the account. SingHost maintains the right to cancel accounts at its discretion. PHP Shell – PHP Shells or any likeness thereof are prohibited. Files with any reference to PHP Shells or likeness thereof are prohibited.
5. Commercial Advertising (Email)
- Spamming, i.e. the sending of unsolicited email, from any SingHost server or network is STRICTLY prohibited. SingHost will be the sole arbiter as to what constitutes a violation of this provision. This also includes Optin Optout mail programs and mail that either directly or indirectly references a domain contained within an account at SingHost.
- Running Unconfirmed Mailing Lists. Subscribing email addresses to any mailing list without the express and verifiable permission of the email address owner is prohibited. All mailing lists run by SingHost customers must be Closed-loop (“Confirmed Opt-in”). The subscription confirmation message received from each address owner must be kept on file for the duration of the existence of the mailing list. Purchasing lists of email addresses from 3rd parties for mailing to or from any SingHost-hosted domain, or referencing any SingHost account, is prohibited.
- Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software, program, product, or service that is designed to violate this terms or the terms of any other Internet Service Provider, which includes, but is not limited to, the facilitation of the means to send Unsolicited Bulk Email, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, denial of service attacks is prohibited.
- Email address cultivating, or any unauthorized collecting of email addresses without prior notification of the email address owner is strictly prohibited.
- Operating an account on behalf of, or in connection with, or reselling any service to, persons or firms listed in the Spamhaus Register of Known Spam Operations (ROKSO) database at www.spamhaus.org is prohibited.
6. Server AbuseAny attempts to undermine or cause harm to a SingHost server or customer of SingHost is strictly prohibited including, but not limited to:
- Logging into a server or account that you are not authorized to access
- Accessing data or taking any action to obtain services not intended for you or your use
- Attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any system, subsystem or network
- Tampering, hacking, modifying, or otherwise corrupting or breaching security or authentication measures without proper authorization
- Transmitting material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer programming routines or engines with the intent or effect of damaging, destroying, disrupting or otherwise impairing a computer’s functionality or the operation of the System
- Interfering with, intercepting or expropriating any system, data or information
- Interfering with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, by means of overloading, “flooding,” “mailbombing,” or “crashing” any computer system
7. Scheduled Maintenance and DowntimeSingHost will use its commercially reasonable efforts to provide services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Customer acknowledges that from time to time the services may be inaccessible or inoperable for various reasons, including periodic maintenance procedures or upgrades (“Scheduled Downtime”); or service malfunctions, and causes beyond our control or which are not reasonably foreseeable by us, including the interruption or failure of telecommunications or digital transmission links, hostile network attacks (e.g. denial of service attacks), or network congestion or other failures. SingHost holds no responsibility for downtime resulting from a user’s actions.
8. Customer’s data
- SingHost will never use or sell existing customer data on our servers, any purpose.
- SingHost is not responsible for data loss or for data loss due to third party software that is not maintained and managed by us.
- Customers have the full responsibility for all files and data and are to maintain their own appropriate backup to safeguard their data. We are not responsible for the data residing on your account.
- SingHost will not be liable for any data loss that are not within our control, such as in the events of hardware failure, time difference between backed up data and point in time of failure.
9. Fair use on Bandwidth / Data Transfer And What “Unmetered” MeansSingHost does not set arbitrary limits on the exact amount of resources a customer can use. In good faith and subject to these Terms, SingHost makes every commercially-reasonable effort to provide its customers with the resources needed to power their web sites successfully, as long as the Subscriber’s usage complies with these Terms. By not setting arbitrary limits on resources, we are able to provide simple, consistent pricing to Subscribers for their websites. In order to ensure a consistent and quality experience for all Subscribers, SingHost has automated safeguards in place to protect against any one website from consuming too many resources, and adversely impacting the other Subscribers until we can evaluate said site’s resource needs.Our offering of “unmetered” services is not intended to allow the actions of a single or several Subscribers to unfairly or adversely impact the service experienced by other Subscribers. SingHost’s web hosting service hosts multiple Subscriber web sites from the same server, and allow them to share server resources. Our service is designed to meet the typical needs of individuals and small business website Subscribers. It is NOT intended to support the sustained high demands of large enterprises, international businesses, or non-typical applications better suited to a dedicated server. SingHost does not set arbitrary limits on the exact amount of traffic a website can receive or on the amount of content a Subscriber can upload to his/her/its website in a given month, as long as the Subscriber’s use of the Services complies with these Terms. In most cases, a Subscriber’s web site will be able to support as much traffic as the Subscriber can legitimately acquire. However, SingHost reserves the right to limit processor time, bandwidth, processes, memory, or number of files, in cases where it is necessary to prevent other Subscribers from being negatively affected. To prevent excessive bandwidth usage in a shared environment, and to maintain the quality of data transfer rates for each shared hosting customer, certain heavy bandwidth-intensive sites are discouraged, such as, but not limited to, the following: file sharing (music, video, etc), game servers, etc. Bandwidth usage is checked daily, and successive abusers will be required to upgrade their plans, or failing that, may be subjected to immediate account suspension. For users that require high data transfer rates, higher resources, and dedicated bandwidth, you should consider upgrading to a VPS account or Dedicated Server to ensure the best resources for your website. Dedicated bandwidth is only applicable for non-shared web hosting.
10. Backups & RestorationBackup Remote Automatic Data Backup (For Files & Folders) SingHost provides free data backup for WEB HOSTING plans, and disaster recovery service for VPS HOSTING plans. The data backup service is a user-managed backup application, allowing customers to administer their own backup and restoration services from their cPanel account.
- All clients are expected and encouraged to perform their regular backups to their local storage/computer.
- All clients are urged to perform backups prior to any major updates to their website.
- All free data backups are merely provided as a convenience to clients and SingHost will not accept any liability for the availability and completeness of the client data backups.
- SingHost will maintain up-to-date backups to our best efforts.
- Data backup will be on a last 2 weeks – 1 copy per week basis
- Free self-service backup & restore application in cPanel.
- Regular automated backups.
- All clients are expected and encouraged to perform their regular data backups to their local storage/computer.
- All clients are urged to perform backups prior to any major updates to their website.
- Disaster recovery backup will be on a last 1 day – 1 copy basis.
- Regular automated backups.
- SingHost provides a free self-service backup & available in all applicable cPanel hosting accounts.
- Clients are able to conduct full account/single file/email/database/cron jobs/SSL Certificates restoration within their cPanel account.
- Clients have to ensure that they have the required backup copy.
- We will not accept any liability for any loss of data before or after the user’s restoration process.
- SingHost provides assisted restoration services on a per request basis. Each request will be chargeable at S$25.
- Disaster recovery services are purely administered in cases of complete server or hardware failure to restore all affected VPS accounts.
- Clients are advised to perform regular backups for their VPS accounts, or subscribe to our off-site daily backup services.
- The state of the hosting account will be according to the available backup copy. Any file changes made between the date of the backup copy to the current version will not be kept.
- Individual file/folders restorations are not applicable for VPS Hosting accounts. Such requests will be chargeable at S$250 per incident.
11. RefundsRefunds will be given at the discretion of SingHost. 30-Day Money Back Guarantee At SingHost, your satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the best service we can. However, if you have tried us and decide that your plan does not sufficiently meet your needs, you may cancel within 30 days for a refund. The 30-day money back guarantee only pertains to basic hosting plans (for the “Web Hosting” category of products, such as Standard, Business and eCommerce) and only to your hosting service. Any setup fees are NON-refundable. The cost of the domain (e.g. SGD20 for .com and SGD60 for .sg) will be deducted from the refund amount if a free promotional domain was registered. Domain names are non-refundable, all registrations/transfers/renewals are final. This is because once a domain is registered/transferred/renewed, payments are made directly to the Domain Registry and we are unable to request a refund from them. However, the domain name will still be rightfully owned by the registrant. Domain refunds are only applicable if the registration was performed by a SingHost representative and was mistyped by them. All credit card payments are subjected to 5% transactional charges from our payment processor, which will be deducted from the total refund amount. For any billing discrepancies, customers can request for a refund or credit note for the amount overcharged, within 90 days from the date when payment is made. Any violation of SingHost’s Terms of Service Agreement shall result in no refund.
12. Limitations on EmailSending mass emails (more than 200 email addresses per hour) on shared hosting accounts (for the “Web Hosting” category of products, such as Standard, Business, eCommerce etc) may cause your emails to be lost or sent unsuccessfully because of the shared usage of email resources. If you need higher email sending limits, you may consider our VPS plans (more information).
13. Account Setup, Termination, and BillingUpon submission and confirmation of your order, SingHost reserves the right to process your order and invoice you for the fees. The account will be charged on the day the order is processed, regardless of the services’ activation date. Our system will automatically generate the invoice when your account is due for renewal. If you wish to terminate your account, contact our billing department for termination, and upon verification, your invoice and related subscription services will be stopped. Termination requests should be made with 1 month notice in advance. Customers may be billed for, on a pro-rated basis, for any outstanding charges. Cheque Orders: Accounts for subscribers who wish to pay by cheque will be setup when the cheque is processed by the bank and funds are received. Disabling of accounts due to overdue payment: Accounts will be disabled if payment is not received within 7 days of the due date. If your account has been disabled, you may be charged a reconnection fee of up to $150 in order to re-enable your account. Termination of accounts due to overdue payment: If the account is not paid within 30 days of the due date, the account will be terminated and all information within the account will be deleted. SingHost reserves the right to invoice you for subscription fees, should there be no termination requests for your services before they expire. Cancellation Procedure: Valid proof of account ownership will be required to terminate an account. This includes, but is not limited to, billing information in the form of a partial credit card number or other payment information, or the billing password. Non-secure information, such as the contact email address or account billing address, is not sufficient as a security verification. Late Fees: Payments overdue by 60 days will be subjected to a 10% late fee. Resuming service after suspension: Customer will still be required to pay for the hosting or domain charges incurred during the suspension period of the product. We will not offer any form of product fees reduction for the period of suspension. SingHost reserves the right to charge reactivation fees for services that are resumed after the suspension or termination phase.
14. Domain NamesFor all newly registered domain names, customers have the responsibility to verify any web or other content related to the domain. This can be done by visiting the domain name in question. If there are any unknown content present, please contact us immediately and our support team will investigate and rectify the issue. Parked Domain Names: There is no charge for parking additional domain names. Virtual Domain Names: Additional domains that point to a sub folder (Virtual Domains) are free. Domain Name Transfers: SingHost shall not be held responsible for domain transfers. The account holder is responsible for completing any necessary domain name transfers. Misspelled Domain Names: For all domain registrations, SingHost will not be able to determine if the spelling of the domain name was intended or not. Ownership of deliberately misspelled domain names is common to cater to the different spelling abilities and nature of typographical errors of all internet users, apart from the ownership of the original domain name. Customers are to ensure that purchased domain names are spelt accurately and SingHost will not be able to provide a refund for misspelled domain names. Specific to only .COM.SG and .SG domains, you are able to request for a domain name change within 24 hours of the domain name purchase, however subjected to the availability of the new registration and SingHost Domain Management team’s approval.
15. Courtesy Services for CustomersAll services such as backup and cPanel are provided for the courtesy of the subscriber. It is the sole responsibility of the subscriber to maintain the subscriber’s own backup of any data. SingHost is not responsible for lost data or for lost data due to third party software that is not maintained by SingHost programming staff. (cPanel is not associated with SingHost)
16. Non-disclosure of Confidential InformationSingHost agrees not to use any Proprietary or Confidential Information (“Confidential Information”) disclosed to it by the customer for its own use or for any purpose other than to carry out discussions concerning, and the undertaking of, maintaining and troubleshooting the customer’s account. Confidential Information includes, but not limited to, login information, passwords, files, databases (including, but not limited to, products, services, and customers), web designs, configuration information, or financial information of the customer.
17. Service Level Agreement (SLA) – 24/7 SupportSingHost offers 24/7 support for its customers. The support provided covers only services related to the Customer’s hosting subscriptions with SingHost, and does NOT include application support such as WordPress support, Joomla support, Outlook support, etc. SingHost’s provides a 6-hour resolution time guarantee, that applies to most hosting-related issues that are within our control. External parties included in such incidents, such as registrars, hosts, software/service providers, may delay resolution time. Resolution time may also vary due to more complex issues, and in these cases, the customer will be informed by our support team.
18. Prices and QuotationsAny quotations and prices provided by SingHost are accurate up to 30 days from the date of the email sent to the recipient, unless explicitly stated in the said email. For telegraphic transfers, do note that SingHost will not bear any bank charges for the payment. Please check with your respective banks for any additional charges levied on such transfers.
19. Access and Control PolicyWhen a new account or domain, as applicable, is registered with or transferred to SingHost or with one of its affiliates, the process requires and results in the creation of the following within the records of SingHost, in association with said new account or domain: i) Name of person registering; ii) email address; iii) user name; iv) password; and, v) associated payment information, such as Visa, Mastercard, etc., Credit Card Number & name thereon, etc. If a person contacts SingHost and claims that he or she is entitled to access to an account, website, or domain registered with SingHost or its affiliate but is without access (for any reason such as but not limited to forgotten password or forgotten user name, data loss or corruption on personal computer, improperly locked out, and so forth), SingHost will give access to the person who acceptably evidences he or she has substantially all of:
- name of the person with the registered;
- email address;
- the associated payment information of the person who registered, such as Visa, Mastercard, etc., Credit Card Number & name thereon, etc. (mandatory); and,
- a photo identification evidencing she or he is the rightful possessor and user of said credit card or payment medium (mandatory).